Saturday, July 14, 2007

The spookiness begins

So, he has been kicking away for some time now, but mostly I was the only one to feel it. As of Thursday, we have a new milestone. You can see him kick, and he does this weird camelback thing where if I lay on the bed, both sides of my belly sort of cave in, but you can see how he is moving. Usually he sits with his face towards my back. Like he's mooning the world.

So after a terrible day at work yesterday, I decided the best thing to do would be to take a bath. Apparently, he loved it. I don't know if the water offered him more of a weightless feeling, or if he liked the sound, or what, but he was ALL over the place. My entire belly was going, it looked like popcorn in there! I was laughing so hard that Eugene was compelled to investigate, and he was laughing too because I could put water in my belly button, and watch him kick it out. Plus, when I got out, he was still kicking up a storm. It's funny because Eugene can now SEE the baby move, which makes it a little more real for him, I think.

I will probably look back at this post in two months and remember how cute the kicks were. Only 105 days left to baby time! That doesn't seem like nearly enough time to do everything we need to do.... It's six paychecks people!!!

1 comment:

Jess P. said...

Face towards the back is good. That's the way you want him to stay. Thanks for the yarn, I got it in todays mail!