Tuesday, July 31, 2007

The only thing to change is the belly....



See? Here is the evidence.
Exhibit 1. Same knobby knees and elbows
Exhibit 2. Upper arms....no noticeable change in girth
Exhibit 3. Same deathly pale skin tone.

However, check out the basketball! So I went to see the nutritionist today and found out that fruit is in fact, a carb. Who knew? I lumped it all together into the fruit category. Apparently the blood sugar issue stems from the fact that I don't eat at a consistent time each day, and I consume about half of my carb requirement in the form of craisins. News to me.

That being said, she also told me that my levels weren't bad. In fact, it was clear I was enjoying a megasurge of sugar at two hours (and was I ever feeling good) but at three hours, I would crash and burn. Which meant I ate more craisins.

I did find out that I do a number of good things. I don't like fatty stuff. I like peanut butter and sunflower seeds. I don't eat buns with the hamburger (ha ha ha to all those who roll their eyes!)

However, I should lay off the Pepsi. Or switch to diet. ICK! I will cut down on the pepsi, and try not to replace it with OJ, which is also doing a number on my blood sugar levels.

On the plus side, I can eat lots of meat and on the down side, I can eat lots of vegetables. Unfortunately, I dislike most of them. Which is why I was eating lots of fruit :)

Also, potatoes in any form (including fries) are not a vegetable. I knew this, but I tried to convice her that in fact, it was. I tried :)

That being said, my levels were actually pretty good except for the two hour. The biggest concern is that my doctor wants to avoid a C-section at any cost, and also wants to make sure the baby doesn't get too big. So for two months, I can do it. On the plus side, they weighed me and I am at 144 so that means I have gained about 20 pounds so far, and that makes the doctor really happy.

Goodbye craisins, you've been a real friend. Good bye OJ, I know you didn't mean to do it. Pepsi, I just need a little time for myself....it's not you, it's me....(sob!)

No comments: