Sunday, December 9, 2007

Mom's view on Thomas...by Mom A.

Well, he is growing lots! He is now 23 inches long, and about 9.5 pounds. He's growing so fast. I tell Eugene "I think it's time to work on another...he's not even a baby anymore!" Really! He's up for about 4 hours at a stretch now and he's looking all over. At night, his last feeding is at 1 am and then he will sleep until about 5:30am. So he's doing really good. The stomachaches and fussiness are gone now that I cut out the dairy products and all nuts. I really miss my morning peanut butter on toast. Eugene however, does not seem to miss me having it. He was disturbed by the fact that I would always lick the blade clean, a habit which also perturbed Adam and Jess.

He has also discovered his hands, but is still a bit of a spazz. He favors his left hand and arm and is constantly making the hand motion for party people everywhere to "get down". He has been working on his thumb sucking, but gets greedy and overly excited and tries to eat his hand.

On 12/8, Eugene and I went out to dinner for his birthday. My Aunt Diana came over to babysit for Thomas. I used to babysit for her boys, Andrew and Ben. She said he was a perfect baby, and it was a good thing we got home when we did because she was going to take him.

While we were out, Eugene made me call home to make sure everything was "ok". I told him Diana had raised two children, I was sure things were ok. I still had to call, because Daddy was worried.

It's been freezing out so T-Nut has not been out. He may be getting cabin fever. I took him to the laundry room yesterday and he was fascinated...."I've never seen this room before...what else don't I know?"

When he gets annoyed, he does his pteradactyl scream to let us know he is upset.

And finally, on 12/9 he gave me his first real smile!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i know that scream