Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Monster baby By Thomas A.

So mom was all freaked out because when i went to see Dr. Flinders at my 2 week checkup, I hadn't gained very much weight. I was still almost a pound below my birthweight. The Dr. said he wasn't too worried. Aunt Meredith said that Ivy and Owen were bigger babies, and they were slow gainers too. So mom figured it might be an "Engwall" thing.

Well, I went bac to the Dr. on Monday and they weighed me again. After lots o' nursing, I put on 8 ounces in one week. Usually babies gain about an ounce every two days, so I triples what i was supposed to gain! Oh! I grew another 1/2 inch too! I'm almost as big as grandpa!

{Mom's note: Seriously! All that kid did was eat! I nursed at least every two hours. I was not expecting 8 ounces in a week! Jeesh! It's a good thing, but it's really hard to get anything done! It's a bit difficult to pump and store because he eats all the time. I now try to pump whatever is left, but it takes a few times just to get a few ounces together. The more I pump, the more he eats.}

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

see, I told ya. listen to your doctor, otherwise dont bother coming in and spending the co-pay. Doctors orders and doctor knows best and all that. I went to medical school for a long time, and before that played doctor with the neighborhood girls, so trust me when I tell you stuff. I might just "practice" medicine, but im very good.

Jess P. said...

He's just putting on his "winter weight." Everyone eats a lot in the fall. :)