Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Week One


Nursing a baby week one. It was hell.

Fortunately someone gave me some GREAT gifts at the baby shower and also some really good advice. We went to see the lactation consultant and see resolved the rest of my fears and concerns. Thomas is gaining weight right on schedule, so things look good.

For about three days I felt like an Iraqi at Abu Grahib. I was subjected to extreme nip torture. It's as bad as it sounds. The thing that kept ne going? That adorable little face. I have yet tp put him down for more than an hour. I can't help it. We waited a long time for him. I hope it's true that you can't spoil a baby.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a chubby little guy. I like the winston churchill look in that picture....the look of confidence. V to you little Thomas.

Anonymous said...

We can't wait to meet him! At least he's waterboarding himself and not you!

Anonymous said...

where are you? We have not heard from you in a long time? Are you going out for the holiday (wi deer opener) and taking the little man out to learn to kill?

Darla said...

He does have a chubby face, but he's got the skinniest legs you ever saw!

And you're right, he does look like Winston in the picture. But he's so alert for a week old!

Alsa, no going out for me this year. I did get Thomas suited up in his cam gear however! I will need to add baby blaze orange to his wardrobe!