Sunday, May 27, 2007

T Minus 26 Days

Well, I am getting married in 26 days! It doesn't seem like enough time to get everything done.
To add to the tumult, I need to go to work, finish making the preparations for the Summer Library Program (we have the largest program in the state after Milwaukee and Madison...it's insane.) Usually I drop off the face of the earth from June through July. I'm not sure what is going to happen this summer.

So in addition to planning for a wedding, the summer reading program, and going to work, I am also pregnant. I have found that having a limited amount of time means a few things. First, no bridal shower which is okay because being the center of that much attention makes me uncomfortable. Second, I really can't obsess over wedding details, because there isn't time. Third, I've gotten better at delegating. Fortunately, Eugene is very good about taking a lot of things over.

We are also debating whether we should go on a homeymoon or not. It's not like we have a tremendous amount of money to sepnd, but we also realized if we don't go, we probably won't go for at least two years, by which time I could be pregnant again. So we really do have to go now.

So this weekend I am doing my Memorial Day duty of flower planting and poppy buying, cleaning house, getting stuff put together for a garage sale (not at my house) arranging to have a hot tub moved, and getting caught up on ironing. On Wednesday I go to Appleton to get my dress fitted. (Pray for me....I've only put on about 12 pounds, but it's ALL belly...), and on Friday, we get to go in for the ultrasound!

So the big questions looming are: Will the dress fit? Can we afford a honeymoon? Is the baby healthy? and Is it a boy or a girl? Eugene and I both think it is a girl. I haven't had any dreams or hunches, but it just seems like we will have a girl since we don't really have a name picked out. Not that a girl is bad. In fact, I think my mom is praying it's a girl....she's got a serious cases of the "buys" and she REALLLLLY wants to buy baby girl clothes. After all the boys, I can understand. Actually, it would be a good thing since it would mean that there would be a good chance Eugene and I would never have to buy baby clothes....

Buy a boy would be nice too...at least we got a name picked out. So far three girls I know have had baby girls, so maybe it's a girl year.... but that is also why it would be nice to have a boy.

Eugene was commenting that if it was a girl, my mom would probably buy "I'm a little princess" shirts for her. And Eugene said that if that happened, he would buy a "I'm a Princess" shirt for himself. That way they could match.

Either way though, we will be happy as long as it is healthy!

So check back on Friday and maybe I will post what I find out!

No comments: