Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Indecision 07

So I went back to the Dr. today and he did the membrane sweep again. This time he was much more "thorough" so we are all hoping that this will get things going. Despite walking all afternoon, and the baby kicking me the whole way (it took me about 45 minutes to get a block away from teh house, becasue I kept having to turn back to use the bathroom), there have been no contractions. Zip. Zero. Nada.

I did tell the good doctor that if something didn't happen by Thursday, I was going to start showing up in the parking lot at 8am every morning until he made something happen. He assured me he was on call, and if nothing happens by the 30th, he will induce. I am penciled in for an induction on the 31 if something doesn't happen by then. We are hoping the threat will provoke him....

That is something I am not crazy about. I've heard horror stories. One friend was recently induced, then got an epidural, then had to have a c section anyways. The nightmare trifecta. I would like to avoid a c section, as would my doctor.

I realize it seems as though I am impatient, which I am a little bit. Mostly, I've been having nightmares about him being late and something terrible happening. So I would rather have him out now and safe, then waiting for something to go wrong.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

your doing fine Darla, keep it up. and please, no graffic woman stuff, cant handle it, if I want XXX stuff, I can surf elsewhere!

Anonymous said...

todays the day! I think you can wait till halloween, how sweet would that be!