Monday, February 11, 2008

Bad Bad Bad

All right, I know already! Yes, I haven't blogged in a long while (I'm sorry Syren).

At year's end, Thomas was sick. He got down to 9 pounds 4 oz, but then I started to give him some formula and he started to do better weight wise. But he still couldn't breathe well. Long story short, he was put in the hospital for two days in isolation becasue he had Influenza A. Which is the normal flu, which is not a big deal unless you are a baby. Then it's a very big deal.

I went back to work on the 7th of Jan and Thomas was put in the hospital that evening. I called my boss and asked if it was necessary that I come in as the baby was in the hospital. Of course, it was extremely important that I be there. So important that he didn't even bother to come out or email me or anything. Note my sarcasm.

Anywho, on Jan 23, I put in my two weeks notice and now have a new job. I am the Nekoosa Library Director. I have more staff, a huge new building and free rein. The Library Board president is about my age and has two kids, so she has been fantastic. Thomas gets to come first (which is how it should be) and then the job. I cna leave to take him to appointments, I can go home for lunch, I don't have to work nights or weekends. I get vision, dental, and health insurance. Eugene gets all of those and life insurance too. My other job only gave me health insurance.
Here are the reasons you all read this thing anyways....here are pictures from the time Thomas went into the hospital up to this weekend. Since the last posting, Thomas has a new cousin, Joseph, born on 12-29, and second cousin, Nathaniel Thomas, born on 1-29. So there are three boys who are only three months apart in age!


My mom was talking to Thomas, and he was hanging on every word...
Here is Thomas acting like a goon. He gets that from me....poor kid
Thomas and his favorite pal, Albert. He has just discovered (2-11-08) that he can pick Albert up and chew on his ear.




Yes, I know what this looks like " 'ere"....but really, he just likes eating his hand.

But then he looks all happy and mellow. I call this the "Adam" smile....

He likes him his hand sandwich....

This was the day the packers lost to the Giants. We were rooting for Eli...he won it for younger siblings everywhere!!!

He can hold his rattle and shake it. But he always freaks himself out.

Me and Silas at Joseph's baptism. Silas is my brother's fourth kid, 3rd boy.

More pictures to come....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Darla! I need the entertainment while at work and I always enjoy a shout out in blogs!!

Anonymous said...

yep, that's an Adam smile all right! He must be trying to get mommy to take a drink. Or maybe Mommy's friends little girl!
Go Thomas go.